Saturday, April 18, 2009

Everybody Does It!

We are going to talk about poop, because frankly, we just don’t talk enough about it here.

I have at least two poops a year that are noteworthy. Yesterday was one of them. I had such a monumental poop that I actually FELT my body cavity shrink.

I am a once a day pooper, if I am lucky, twice.

In my discussions with friends I have found that the pooping range is anywhere from once a day to a horrifying once every three days!

I also have a friend that has pooping issues when on vacation and once held it for FIVE DAYS. Not only would I be in pain, my bitch level would go off the charts. Having a good poop actually alters my mood. And makes my back feel better.

So considering I poop at least once a day, I am not sure when yesterday’s poop had time to percolate. Since it is only kosher to send pictures of your poop to your very best of friends (or friends that are unsuspecting) I will demonstrate with this photo:

Our large intestine is like 4 feet long and from what I witnessed, this bad boy occupied 1/4th that space.

Sticking with tradition, after a few brews of various sorts, we inevitably revert back to talking about poop. At our next meeting I am going to ask “Who wipes sitting down and who wipes standing up?” I will be sure to inform you of the results.

Lastly, and mostly because this post contained the word (or a variation thereof) no less than 11 times: “Where did the word “poop” originate?” Well, I must, of course, refer to my most trusted pooping source, Smelly Poop.com from which we get this answer:

According to Eric Partridge in his excellent book of word origins (Origins: A Short Etymological Dictionary of Modern English), "poop" comes from the Middle English word poupen or popen, and it originally meant "fart." The word was based on the sound of a fart. According to Robert Chapman, author of American Slang, "poop" came into use with its current meaning around 1900.

So next time you are making bum brownies in the toilet, you will have that lil tid bit to mull over in your cranium.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...