Wednesday, February 9, 2011

FINALLY! We Have Joined The 21st Century!

I received grand news today:


That's right. In this State of ours we have not been able to purchase alcohol at STORES on Sunday. Who made up this law? Why has it been around so long? WTF? Yes, all of these things are things I have asked all along.

When I lived in the middle of Georgia, if we wanted to drink on Sundays, we had to go to a restaurant. Now that I live in Savannah, which is on the border of South Carolina, if I want to purchase beer from a store (i.e. my case of Miller Lite) on Sunday, I have to drive 30 minutes to get it. And don't think I haven't done that before.

Typically we remember to purchase enough on Saturday to get us through our Sunday, but on occasion we forget OR drink it all on Saturday. Makes for a very sad Sunday.

BUT NOW!!! Sunday alcohol sales in stores! Larkin and I have already decided to have a "We Can Buy Beer on Sunday Like Everyone Else" party! Any excuse, right?

Thank you for sharing in this joyous occasion with me! I will be sure to let you know when it is finally passed into law.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...