Thursday, February 17, 2011

Too Soon


I celebrated too soon. Got news to day that "After a fast start and little initial opposition, the issue of Sunday liquor sales is dead for this year's Georgia legislative session."

SO, still no liquor, wine or beer sales on Sunday. **quietly steps back into 20th Century**

According to the news report, the Republicans are to blame. Hehe...well, ya gotta blame someone for this nonsense.

HOWEVER, as Deb pointed out, we shouldn't complain too much...In Savannah (not all of Georgia) we don't have an open container law (as long as you aren't driving) and you can walk around just about anywhere with your drink in tow.

Kinda ridiculous now that I think about it. So you are going to let us walk around with alcohol, but Lord forbid (and that why the law was put into place...those preachers said the Lord forbade) I purchase from a store on Sunday.


No worries, I will continue to purchase enough on Saturday to last till Sunday. I will continue, on Sundays, to go to restaurants and/or bars that serve food and drink there. OR I can just hop over to South Carolina on Sunday if I REALLY want to purchase my beer for the house.


You know how far behind the curve we are when we don't even have alcohol sales on Sunday...don't even think about civil unions, gay marriage or anything of the sort. Give it 20 more years and maybe we will see something!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...