Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 6

Day 6 of the diet has arrived.

As stated before, the first three days I was allowed to eat and drink as normal, but started taking the hCG and my supplements last Wednesday. And if you don't already know, B12 tastes TERRIBLE.

I have lost 5lbs already!

I was pretty sure I was going to die on the fourth day, which was day one of the 500 calorie restriction. That was on Sunday. I actually didn't FEEL like I was going to die, but my brain wanted me to eat like I normally do on Sundays, which is comparative to cattle grazing in a field, except replace cattle with me and the field with a refrigerator.

It wasn't that I was actually hungry, I just wasn't SATISFIED. It is like when you eat dinner and then realize that wasn't what you REALLY wanted.

All the same, I managed through it and Monday was MUCH better. It was Monday that I actually felt FULL and SATISFIED from my meals. I did have a few more carrots and apples than I was supposed to, but I can think of worse things to eat. Like that cheese that kept staring at me every time I opened the fridge.

OH and how about this...The Bobz walked in with a Mellow Yellow and my mouth started watering! WTF?!? I don't even DRINK Mellow Yellow! Hell, it is a rare day when I even drink a soda PERIOD! Can't even tell you the last time I had a soda actually. SO, it is all in my brain.

The absolute WORST thing about this diet is the morning...for one reason and one reason only. Coffee. I can't put sugar OR milk in it. I tried my absolute BEST to drink it this weekend with ONLY Stevia in it, but holy crap I do not like that stuff! I have NEVER, let me repeat, NEVER drank a diet soda on purpose. I might accidentally grab someone else's drink and then squish my face all up and go BLECK!! But never do I intentionally buy or have within my presence anything of diet. That being said, Stevia is NOT like aspartame, it is completely natural, but I surmise that those of you that like aspartame would like Stevia.

All of that was to say that I don't particularly care for Stevia because it reminds me of the way diet drinks taste.

The ONLY thing I will make an exception on in this diet is the sugar in my coffee in the morning. I am only going to use 1/4 of a teaspoon, but damn, I HAVE to have my coffee in the morning. The milk thing...well, I used a SLASH...and I do mean a splash, of half and half.

I do not count that as cheating, I count that as saving lives. If I don't have my coffee in the morning and you cross my path, you MAY die.

Can you believe that the one thing that is killing me about this diet is the coffee?!? That's right...NOT the lack of beer!

I have been dry for three days. AND I only had four beers on Saturday in celebration of our freedom??!

Speaking of the day of freedom...we went to our friend Michelle's house and they had set up a SLIP N SLIDE! An adult one! Wait till you see the pictures! Hopefully they will be up soon! TIP: if you want to get in shape, go Slip N Slide'n for a day...you will discover muscles on your body (the next day) that you never knew you had!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...