Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shout Out, Tow Away and New Things

Totally forgot to post this earlier this week!

Larkin, myself and Krystal were at Chili's for after work happy hour and were talking about you bloggy peeps...decided to send a shout out to Mama Dawg


I know it is kinda a fuzzy picture...again, those damn camera phones! If only I had an iPhone...

HI!! LOVES!

Toby, Bobby's car, is officially dead. He will be going to live with his cousins at the junk yard. Before that happens Bobby has to get a replacement title, as it has been long lost in one of the 18 moves along the way. That should be here in 7-10 business days. In the meantime, we are going to have to go and get Toby from the mechanic and tow him back to the house.

I don't think I explained how we got Toby to the mechanic in the first place, but it funny!

I shall set the scene for you:

Sunday at about 6:00pm
Two lesbians
One gay guy
One broke ass car
One Jeep with big tires
One big ass, heavy fucking chain

I have PERSONALLY never towed a car before, but I understood how it worked. I have towed various things in my life, lawnmowers, go-carts, 4-wheelers, all stuff that was on my parents property that broke down too far away to be pushed back home.

Turns out towing a car is basically the same. Those hook thingies that are part of the frame are the same and everything.

So, Sunday...let's see...that was a day that got up to about 98 degrees. The previous day it was 101. I discovered that asphalt holds heat well.

So all three of us are laying under Toby feeding this gigantic chain through the hooker-bob-ers and then eventually get that attached to the Jeep with my double-triple knot under knot. (i.e. looked like a huge wad of chain, but I figured it wasn't going to undo itself)

We had to go through three intersections, only one of which actually had a light. We actually did not encounter any traffic, so that was nice...especially since we were going .5 mph. It only sounded like I had ripped Toby in half twice, so that was good. That sound is terrible! I tried to keep the tension on the chain as much as possible.

So that towing experience was less than half a mile.

Now that Toby is completely dead, we now have to tow it back to the house, which is about one mile away with many more intersections and much more traffic. It is going to be a FUN time! It is all in the name of saving $50.00 on towing.

There is some stuff to be removed from the vehicle...like Bobby's sound system...which hasn't worked in over 5 years, but in theory didn't work because of the wiring in the car. We will test that theory when the new vehicle is purchased. The Bobz will get $130 for Toby when the junk yard people come and tow him. (The tow is "free")

SO, all that was to say we are going car shopping AGAIN today!! Three dealerships to visit. The goal is for Bobby to find three cars he likes, rate them on what he would like the most to what he would like the least, find those three cars, get the best deal, get financing and drive away.

Gosh, sounds so easy...

Might very well be the death of the Bobz!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...