Thursday, December 6, 2007

Give Give Give

I had a perfect day planned out for myself...I was going to drink alot of coffee (I succeeded in that thanks to Magan who brought me a steaming hot white chocolate mocha this morning, oh how I love her so!) and then I was going to just eat a little something for lunch so that tonight, when I went to the bar for my Pre-Friday celebration, I could drink less/get drunk more.

Well, then the freakin Red Cross calls me today, for the umteenthmillion time this month, and asks if I can please donate today, they are running low for the holidays. Well, fuck me running. Look lady, I have a very important schedule full of very important things that selfishly only include me and you want me to go and save some lives or something?!?

So now I am eating a Subway and laying off the caffeine (as specifically instructed by Ms. Red Cross Lady - how did she know?!)

You may THINK that giving a pint of blood would have really fun effects if you go and drink right afterwards, but it doesn't. I ran that test earlier this year. I am even quite sure I blogged about it.

By the way, I jest about all of this...I really do think it is important to give blood. I am O- so I can give to everyone. This past month my grandfather had open heart surgery and had to receive many units of blood, as he was having a very tough time clotting. When I visited him in the ICU I looked up and saw that he was receiving O-...I couldn't help but think of the person that gave that blood and thank them for helping MY grandfather out.

So give blood, it is important...and you get cookies afterwards!!! YAY!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...