Friday, February 27, 2009

Family Time

Tuesday night of this week I travelled the 2 1/2 hours back up to my hometown of P-ville, which is outside of Byron, which is outside of Warner Robins, which is outside of Macon. It is the middle Georgia area, mmmmmk?

Brother Joseph was on leave from his duties (hehe, I said duties) and this was the first time the family has been able to get together since...well, ummmm, last year sometime! Wow, time really does fly!

While I was drinking my morning coffee I went out to see my inheritance:







Yes. Goats. My father is starting a goat farm and that is what he plans on doing in his retirement in two years.

We did take some family pictures too, but Mother has those on her camera. I have emailed her to ask her to send them to me...and I will be sure to post as soon as she does!

I also got to see the g-rents. Dad's parents. Mom's parents had gone off to Florida, so we didn't get to spend time with them.

Took Papa to his doctors appointment...he broke his foot two weeks ago and they had to put screws and plates and all kinds of fun equipment in his foot. He is doing fine though...other than being upset that he can't go out and plow and plant his tomatoes and all that other farming stuff he does.



See all that there land under the "A"? That is all the fields he has to plow. Now, keep in mind, the man is retired from the military, this farming stuff he does is just to keep him busy, but he is very serious about his plow lines. And I am very serious about eating his tomatoes and onions and peppers and corn and everything else he plants!

Grandma hooked me up with a cooler full of blueberries she picked for me off her blueberry bushes this past year. She threw them in the freezer as soon as she washed them. That is about as fresh as it is going to get without me having to drive up there and pick them myself. I also made out with some pecans (already shelled) and some spaghetti casserole. I do love me some Grandma visits!

She also made me and bro Joe some BBQ. She had picked up a Boston Butt the day before, cooked it all night and had pulled it that morning. I cannot express to you how much my Grandma's BBQ kicks your Grandma's BBQ's ass. ALL OF YAS!

That pretty much sums up my Tuesday night/Wednesday visit. Smooches!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...