Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tour of Homes

I love me some Microsoft Live Search/Visual Earth. Really, you should check it out too!

Whenever I feel like in the office is getting a little boring, I just zoom off to Paris or go and see Stonehenge or you know, stalk people.

While I was doing my normal stalking, I decided to type in all the addresses of the places I have lived. I have decided to share these with you. (so that you wouldn’t stalk me, I took off all the road names, addresses and coordinates…I figured if you were REALLY good, you would be able to find me anyway. Hey, nothing in life comes easy, buddy!)

This first shot is of my parent’s property. This is where I grew up. All out in the country with the horses and goats and pigs and all that country living crap. The arrow points to where I used to ride my go-carts around and around and around. I rode in the woods there too, but it was harder to get in and out. They were only 3 horsepower ones…fun fun fun! The circle on the right is the house I grew up in. After I left home, my parents decided to build a house 4 million times the size of the one I grew up in. It is also 4.2 million times nicer. That is the house circled on the left. They still reside there. I have actually never lived in that house, but my parents still made me a room in the basement. Mom has put all of my toys from when I was a kid in there. Every time I come to visit and happen to spend the night (Thanksgiving and Christmas mostly) Mom sets out one of my kids books. I think this is quite possibly the cutest and strangest thing all at the same time. What is even more disturbing is that I actually READ the books she sets out before I go to bed. I still have to say that Goats on Parade is a great book.



Onward. After I left my parents abode, I moved into a small ass garage apartment. The outside was approximately 8 x 8. It was the smallest thing you have ever seen and I couldn’t have been happier! I was on my own, it was mine and I was proud of it! Cost me a $50 deposit and $300.00 a month. I was in heaven.



A year or so after living in a garage apartment, I decided to buy my own home. I bought a lovely condo that was within walking distance of one of my favorite bars. You have to have priorities! I went from a place I couldn’t fart in without almost killing myself to 1300 sq ft of home ownership. I was 21.

That is actually my black car parked out front. The other vehicle (the white one) is my friend Brian’s work truck.



There were some good times had in that condo!!!! Some legal…most loud…and best of all, I remember the day I called up my mother because I bought one of those $1 big bouncy balls in the grocery store and I couldn’t wait to tell her I was bouncing it on the wall…even KICKING it at the wall. I had arrived!

After I lost (Whoops! Where did it go?!) my job in Macon I moved 168 miles to Savannah and lived in the HOOD. It may not look hood from the picture, but I saw a double murder two blocks down from that house. I mean, I didn’t actually see the murder go DOWN, I just saw police and covered bodies with white sheets. That is Sweet Thing's Jeep parked out front!



After Sweet Thing and I moved out of that house (we had two other roommates at the time) we moved into our own place. It was almost as small as my garage apartment from back in the day, but again, it was ours and we were tired of roommates. That feeling of not wanting roommates passed almost as soon as it came. (Splitting rent and bills with other people is just so much better) We lived on the bottom level. SpunkMaster Steve lived above us. You should read previous posts if you want to know about him.



After a year in the one bedroom we moved to the place we are now.

WE EFFING LOVE IT!

I mean look at it! The parking lot! Check out how LONG it is…it goes for days! Over 1400 sq ft…beautiful hard wood floors (like not all wood floors are hard. Never understood that term hard wood floors), HUGE kitchen, two bathrooms, three bedrooms…and our WONDERFUL roommate Bobby. Don’t worry kids, I am going to make a video of this place and its inhabitants and post it. I have been inspired by others that are doing this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...