Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh Yeah. He Dead.

There are certain things that are certain in life. Death is one of them. As I have lived I have become aware that different cultures deal with burial in different ways. I’ve seen people beat themselves half to death on TV over the loss of a loved one. Even these customs are not as crazy as some of the shit we do here like the previous post I did on a strange funeral which you can read about here.

Yesterday, the Office Mate, Debbie, came across this which I am about to reveal.

Again, the only reactions I have is: WTF.







According to the article, Angel Pantoja Medina had wished to be standing at his own wake, and was embalmed for the occasion.

I am pretty much at a loss for words.

I can barely stand to go to funerals anyway…no one likes to go. Most of us probably do the same thing at the wakes we go to…we pray that the line moves fast and we aren’t held up at our loved ones empty shell for very long. We’ve all been there…stuck at the casket and they start to breathe or you are just staring and you start to notice that their lips are really unnaturally glued together (not that there is really a natural way to do that) and then you start thinking about what they do during the preparing-of-the-wake process and then you REALLY want the line to get moving…ok, well that is what I do in line anyway, so I can pretty much GUARANTEE that I would NOT be attending Mr. Angel’s wake…even if he was my BFF.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...