Monday, January 28, 2008

The Weekend Update

Had a tame weekend.

Brian and Justin came in from Statesboro and we did the normal hopping of bars. We were at The Rail and Brian spotted some of the funniest bathroom wall graffiti I have heard in a while.

"I fucked your Mom"

**written underneath**

"Go home Dad. You're drunk."

_____________________

I also went to jail. Re-phrase, I went to A jail...to visit a friend. He is in there for some long drawn out he-said she-said bullshit and I expect things to wash over soon, but in any case, he has been there for a month, so Krystal and I went to visit him.

Poor guy. Never been in trouble in his LIFE and suddenly he is in there with all these troubled people.

Anyway, it was an interesting experience to say the least. When you first walk in, you stand in this long visiting line. They had BET on the television in the waiting room. The movie was about some lady that shot a preacher and then went to jail. Krystal and I just looked at each other.

Then you have to give your ID to the dude at the desk, empty your pockets and go through a metal detector. I was quite upset that my screws in my knee didn't set off the metal detector. Oh well. Same thing happened at the airport. I was disappointed then too. They really should make those screws bigger or the scanners more sensitive. SOMETHING!

After you get done with that you walk down this LOOOONNNNGGGGG, very white hallway. It is mental institution white. If no one has ever roller bladed down that hallway, they have missed a GREAT opportunity in life.

You get to the visiting corridor, which is shaped like a octagon, and there are four seats below four windows at each one of the walls. Through my observations, our wall, B-3, was the only wall that had those phones that you talked through. Everyone else has speaker boxes with buttons on it. Needless to say, there were some people there that were NOT using their inside voices and therefore made it hard for us to have our conversations. But I wasn't going to say anything to them.

We stayed for about 20 minutes or so and then made our way out. There were some people there that looked right at home, kids running everywhere; like this was the most normal thing to do on Sunday.

Sad.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...