Saturday, July 19, 2008

This Was Actually Friday...

How do I do it? How does this happen to me?
Oh wait. I remember.

It started with "Hey! Do you want to join me and some friends at Hangfire?"

Me: OMG! I totally do! I can only stay for a few beers though.

Next thing you know, I have had 5 Stellas and a huge slice of pizza from Sweet Melissa's (the pizza joint next door to Hang Fire)

THEN, someone is all like "Oh let's go to Blaine's Back Door for karaoke!" (that someone was ME) OF COURSE they had all you can drink draft for $10! Really, how can you pass that up?!?

Not to mention to FANTASTIC karaoke selection and a pool table! Strangely, gay men do not like playing pool, so the pool table was ours all night! (We lacked any gay men, just lesbians and that crazy heterosexual couple, Larkin and Paul)

Needless to say I was still a little off balance yesterday morning when I woke up. Ahhh, the joys of youth!

My sluggishness was soon remedied with a WONDERFUL breakfast sandwich from the deli down the street. Ohhhhh it was greasy goodness! Once that was in I was good to go!

I went to Wal-Mart with The Office Mate at lunch yesterday and you would not BELIEVE what we saw!!! The mother truckin Weinermobile!!! TWO OF THEM! One was a mini weiner on a Mini Cooper and the other one just a normal size weiner, as far as Weinermobiles go!

Unfortunately, all I got was this picture to show for it.




I wouldn't get out of the car to stand in the middle of traffic at Wal-Mart to take a normal picture.

Seeing that there Weinermobile got me asking some questions though. How does one get the job of driving the Weinermobile? Do you have to get a special license to drive a hot dog? What kind of car is that hot dog made out of? How much fun would it be to pull up at your friends house in a giant weiner?

I did a little research and found some answers:

The drivers are mostly college graduates, some with degrees in advertising, others just have smashing personalities and the company hired them. Kraft states that "a big smile, great people skills, a colossal sense of humor, and a college degree" are required.

The drivers of the Weinermobile are called Hotdoggers.

There are up to six Weinermobiles on the road at any given time. (I personally saw the one names Bolonea and that Mini Cooper one today)

The bigger ones are built on a GMC chassis.

The Weinermobile's horn plays the Oscar Mayer Weiner song, complete with lyrics in 21 different genres from Cajun to Rap to Bossa Nova.

It seems that you just have to have a regular drivers license to drive it.

It would be VERY FUN to drive up to your friends house in one of those weiners!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...