Monday, September 27, 2010

Ended a Decade, Started The Rest of My Life

Friday marked the very last year of this decade for me. I am officially celebrating being 29 for the first time! It was a grand occasion...many of my homeslices came out to drink and be merry with me...oh, speaking of merry, I should probably mention that my woman of almost five years ASKED ME TO MARRY HER!!!


I was in complete shock. Apparently this has been in the works for months. It just goes to show I don't pay attention to SHIT!

She proposed at one of my favorite karaoke bars, Bay Street Blues, and did so by first getting up and singing me a song. It is actually from The Wedding Singer, but the lyrics are SO US:

I wanna make you smile
Whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do, is grow old with you

I'll get you medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
So, it could be so nice growing old with you,....

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold
Need you
Feed you
Even let you hold the remote control.

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink
Oh I could be the [wo]man that grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you.

So adorable, right?!?! Well, I thought she was getting up there to surprise me singing for my birthday, because let me tell you, she DOES NOT KARAOKE. When the song was done I went to give her a hug for such a beautiful job and she drug me up on stage and dropped down...my face went numb. I was SO shocked!

The rest of the evening was full of laughs and dancing. I was so glad that everyone came out and have such love for all my friends that were there for SUCH an awesome occasion!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...