Monday, February 12, 2007

Oh My Dear People...

Do we know how to throw down...

It all started on Thursday, mind you. Krystal and I went to get a bite to eat - we were going to have a progressive dinner - you know, when you go one place, get an appetizer, go another and get the main meal...blah blah. Well, we got to the appetizer down at The Warehouse on River Street - some of you may know the place. We had the appetizer and then about 6 beers and four shots. That was all before 8:30. Please note I have to be at work at 9:00am.

We leave The Warehouse but not before making some friends. We met Dominique and Susan - Dominique is a man - there has been some confusion on this from some others. I also was dragged from the bar by a British guy and he made out with me while his friends took pictures. I got a rash of shit from Krystal on this - but I think we understand now that it was the accent. It draws you in and you can't deny it. I concurred with my office mate, Debbie, on this and she agrees. She knows alot of the those British men...I will leave it at that.

We then head to Savannah Smiles - a dueling piano bar. We had some more to drink there and eventually I made my way up to the guy playing the piano and sat down and played me a little ditty too. We played Heart and Soul. That is about as far as my musical genius goes. I have a picture of it...see. Well, I guess you can't really see that well, but if you look real hard you can see that I am at a piano. Really, I am.

We got home about 2:30 - Friday at work hurt, alot. BUT, I had to save up - we were heading out again...

Friday Night:

We called Roger E. Walker (cabbie) and told him to pick us up at 10:00. So before that time Krystal and I took Larkin and WallyPog to dinner at Bennigan's. Yummy food. We had date night since the ol tax returns came in. To finish date night we went back to Temptations. (Have you guys heard of this place? Have I mentioned it before?) Again, another night to file away into the memory bank. We get there, we set up, we observe. Lovely ladies, all of them, really.
Miss Trinity came over and spoke with us for a while - our conversation ranging from how the day has been to what we ate for breakfast. You know, just normal conversation. Found out she is a DJ too...isn't that neat, a woman of many talents. She spins my head, she makes records spin. I can see the relation. She is spinning at a rave on February 24 in Denver, Colorado - so Pen-Pal June, if you read this, you should go! It is going to be at a place called The PARC I think. Something like that.

So, at some point in the night Miss T was dancing and of course I pick my happy little butt up and go to see her at the stage...duh! Krystal follows close behind and Trinity says something to the effect that she is watching over me...I shake my head naw, it is nothing like that. Trinty expressed she was a little worried that Krystal would kick her ass...lick her ass, yes, but no, never kicking. I assured her it would be just fine and so Trinity said hi to Righty McBoob. Hello indeed girlfriend, hello indeed. Thank you ma'am I say, she says you are welcome. I give her my money, I go sit my drunk ass back down and revel in the moment. Ahhh.

We left the club after running out of beer. Our efforts to get Roger E. Walker to bring us some were fruitless. Damn Georgia for not selling beer all night long! Oh well, it was 4:00am. Probably should go home!

Saturday night:

I head my happy booty back to the Mactown to see some peeps of mine I haven't seen in a while. Me, Brian, Krysal, Christine and Justin went to see my high school friend Casey and her husband Billy at 550 Blues. Their band, Paris Luna, was playing a gig there. We were also joined by Heather whom we also used to go to school with. Casey's Sister Kristin was also there, good to see her again. And Krystal and I met Rachel and Charlie who are two pretty darn cool chicks. Rachel is sister in law to Casey. We drank and were quite merry. Seriously, go and check out all the new pics of the night. They show quite a progression and after viewing the amount of beer bottles on our table it quickly reminded me how I single handedly paid the rent for that place in one night. Geez I bought alot of alchohol!!

It was sooooo good to see some people we have some history with...it has been many years!

Sunday:

I just came back to Savannah! I am pooped out. BUT, it looks like we are going to be able to do it all over again - well, at least a repeat of Friday on this up and coming Friday...oh yeah!!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...